Cauliflower Rice

Thursday, August 14, 2014

You know its got to be good to inspire me to write again!  I have been having great fun on amazon recently and this week I go three new cookbooks.  One of them being Hemsley + Hemsley "The Art of Eating Well".  Lots of treasures in this book and on their blog http://www.hemsleyandhemsley.com
My husband complains that I eat too many carbs, and then tempt him to eat lots of rice etc.  I found the perfect solution in "The Art of Eating Well"-Cauliflower Rice!  I made it today instead of rice for us both and we LOVED it.  It is a 100% vegetable alternative to rice which I served with a simple coconut dhal.  

Cauliflower Rice
1 cauliflower
1 tbsp coconut oil (or ghee)
2 tbsp water
sea salt and black pepper

To make the "rice" remove the cauliflower leaves and the tough end of the stalk.  Use a food processor or the coarse teeth on a grater to grate the cauliflwer into rice-sized pieces.
Add the coconut oil to a pan with the grated cauliflower and the water.  Stir to mix.
Cook over a medim heat, lid on, to let the grated cauliflwer steam for 4-6 minutes until tender.  After a few minutes check to make sure that there is still enough water on the bottom of the pan to stop it catching.
Once cauliflower is tender, season to taste and serve.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!