Depression

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I have been reading Anthea's blog and what she writes about depression  true-I come from the "otherside" the person who is a depressive, and I often think of how my friends, my husband my parents have coped with living and loving me when I am having black dog days.


"Living with – loving – somebody who has battled Depression renders life one big fat contrast: light and shadow, black and white, happy and sad. The fact of Depression is this: it changes a person so fundamentally that their life – and the lives of those around them – morph as distinctly different dependent on whether the beast is in residence or not.

Reading is subjective (all writers are told that every time they are floored with another rejection); not everybody is going to like everything you pen.
But not all publishers know what they are talking about: the good times and the depressive do alternate sharply and it is in that acute contrast – bitter cold, enveloping warmth; smudgy shadows, bright sunshine – that the disparity is most, most striking.  When Depression descends it obliterates the light like a wet finger to a candle. When it dissipates, the dazzle is startling.
Trust me on that."  Anthea Rowan

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!