Kilimanjaro Marathon

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I am almost at the end of my 10km training -I have three runs to go before I start the half marathon training program.  So far this has been one fo the hardest things I have ever done.  It saps me, it exhausts me, it elates me, it dehydrates me!! Its all been an adventure so far.  I think its the constant hard work and effort to get to a point that has been so difficult, and running up and down the slopes of west Kilimanjaro!  I have 75 days to go until I run my first ever half marathon-and I have chosen to run the Kili marathon to raise funds for a solar system-nothing like running at altitude against some of the world's best runners as a starting point!
The funds I am raising will be for an environmental library Nomad Trust is building and kitting out.  I am still a way to go to hitting my £3000 goal.
Any donations and contributions would be great appreciated!
My fundraising page is:  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LaliHeath

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!