My favourite date shake:

Wednesday, September 15, 2010



I discovered this when I was thirteen and had just turned vegan, ever since it has been a firm favourite of mine.  JP and I now fight over it!   I turn to it when I want something icy, sweet and utterly delicious.  I never have it after a meal but instead of a meal!

Almond milk:
1 cup almonds blanched (place them in boiling water and remove their skins)
2 1/2 cups of water. 

Put all in a food processor or blender and blend for about 3-4 minutes
Place a fine strainer over a bowl-pour in the almond milk and allow to filter through slowly, then using a spoon gently squeeze out all the remaining milk into the bowl. 

I keep the fibre as use it as a body scrub in the shower!

Date shake:
1 ½ cups almond milk
2 frozen bananas (use all the over ripe ones, peel cut into chunks and freeze in a small bag)
6 large dates, pitted

Place all ingredients into a blender and whizz until thick and creamy

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!